Our History


Holy Trinity School for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing was established in 1957. The Cardinal Stritch Foundation was founded in 1958.


The Pastor at the time was Fr. John Marren. As a future vision of continuing the work, he and his very good friend, Monsignor Jim Hardiman, saw a necessity to build in an "arm" of support. They approached Cardinal Samuel Stritch who was then the Cardinal for the Diocese of Chicago. They petitioned to use his name for a Foundation that would be totally dedicated to supporting the school for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing. The Cardinal gave wholehearted support to the idea, even though he knew he was going to Rome in March of that year.


As the Cardinal was leaving, the final documents were drawn up and signed by him and thus it became the Cardinal Stritch Foundation. Today it still exists under that title and is following its dictate to work solely to support the Holy Trinity School for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing.



Cardinal Stritch Foundation. Holy Trinity School for the Deaf & Hard-of-Hearing. 1900 W. Taylor St., Chicago, IL 60612. c/o Father Joe Mulcrone Ø Webmaster